I wish I could have Wanyama – Keshi

Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi

The Super Eagles stretched their lead at the top of Group F in the World Cup qualifiers after their 1-0 win over Kenya’s Harambee Stars on Wednesday.
But despite the victory, Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi, could not hide his admiration for Kenyan stand-in skipper Victor Wanyama after the match. Keshi told the media that the midfielder has great talent and wish he could have him play for the Eagles.
Keshi said, “He is a great player, a player I truly admire and I wish I could have him play for the Eagles. He demonstrated today that he is a big player and he is one of the top players I had instructed my team to closely guard. I know what he is capable of doing and letting him free would have been disastrous for us.”
The Celtic FC midfielder was a constant threat for Nigeria and this was clearly seen as he was closely marked and taken down several times.
“He had to be treated twice and the second time he went out injured but when he returned to the pitch could not match his original performance. The player is teammate to Nigeria defender Efe Ambrose.

source:punch

0 comments:

kindly share your views here....